Lawtech UK is a government-backed initiative established to support the transformation of the UK legal sector through technology, for the benefit of society and the economy. The UKJT Digital Dispute Resolution Rules (the “DDR Rules”) published on 22 April 2021 are created to enable the rapid resolution of blockchain and crypto legal disputes, offering users a procedural framework and a choice of either arbitration or expert determination.
The CIArb London Branch invites you to an informative webinar with Lawrence Akka QC and David Quest QC, two of the lead authors of the landmark UKJT Legal Statement on Crypto assets and Smart Contracts and Digital Dispute Resolution Rules (DDR Rules). We will also have an introduction to the world of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and explore dispute resolution in this area.
Join us on Tuesday 07 December 2021 at 06:00 pm GMT for an informative and interactive webinar where we will cover:
• An introduction to blockchain/distributed ledger technology and the Lawtech UK’s Legal Statement on Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts
• DDR Rules and its aims, and its usage for dispute resolution
• Brief introduction to NFTs and issues arising in this space
This will be followed by a Panel Discussion and an interactive Q&A session with participants.
Camilla Macpherson (FCIArb), P.R.I.M.E Finance Foundation
• Lawrence Akka QC, Twenty Essex
• David Quest QC, 3 Verulam Buildings
• Shobana Iyer, Swan Chambers
• John Krashi, Host of NFT Heat Podcast: NFT Entertainment